CANCELLATION INSURANCE CONDITIONS
– GENERAL CONDITIONS: INSURANCE POLICY AGAINST CANCELLATION PENALTIES OF THE LEASE
– COVID-19 CANCELLATION GUARANTE
– OBLIGATIONS OF THE INSURED PARTY IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM
– CRITERIA FOR LIQUIDATION OF THE DAMAGES
– PROFESSIONAL SECRECY
– EFFECTIVE DATE AND DURATION OF COVERAGE
All travelers benefit from a collective insurance policy Europ Assistance, provided by Emma Villas and included in the final price of the reservation, for the only guarantee Lease Cancellation Expenses Insurance.
If the Insured Party should need to cancel or alter the trip booked, for reasons or events that can objectively be documented and could not be foreseen at the time of booking, affecting:
- the joint-owner of the associated firm/business directly;
- the Insured Party indirectly, resulting in the entire trip no longer having its original purpose;
Europ Assistance refunds the penalty applied per contract terms and conditions by a tour operator or an air or sea carrier:
- to the Insured Party
and, as long as they are insured and registered in the same travel file:
- to live-in family members;
- to one travel companion.
If several Insured Parties are registered to travel together at the same time, in the absence of any other persons of the same household living with the Insured Party, the latter shall specify only one person as Travel Companion.
This guarantee extends the “Travel Cancellation Guarantee” to Covid-19 cases.
You can request a trip or rental cancellation cost guarantee when you have to cancel the booked trip, following a positive result from Covid-19 verified by reports with positive results, affecting:
- the Insured Party him/herself directly and/or his/her family members;
- your Travel Companion directly.
The guarantee excludes cases of renunciation caused by:
Claims as caused by the following are excluded:
a) wilful misconduct or gross negligence except as indicated in the individual cover;
b) flooding, deluge, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, atmospheric phenomena classed as natural disasters, atom nucleus transmutation, radiation caused by the artificial acceleration of atomic particles;
c) wars, strikes, revolutions, popular turmoil or movements, looting and vandalism.
The cover also excludes:
d) claims occurring in countries in a state of war that makes it impossible to provide assistance;
e) Cover/Services of all types, consequent to laws and/or Decree Laws issued for COVID-19.
Cover is also not due for claims caused by or resulting from:
a) theft, robbery, loss of identification and/or travel documents;
b) bankruptcy of the Carrier or Travel Agency or Organiser;
c) cancellation by the Tour Operator / Travel Agency;
d) deposits and/or advances that are not justified by penalty tax documents;
e) failure by the Insured Party to send the communication (pursuant to the section OBLIGATIONS OF THE INSURED PARTY IN THE EVENT OF A CLAIM) before the travel/stay start date, except for cases of cancellation caused by death or hospitalisation of at least 24 consecutive hours (excluding day hospital and accident & emergency) of a family member.
f) anything not indicated in art. “Object of the Insurance”.
In the event of a change and/or forced renunciation of travel, the Insured Party must:
- inform the travel organisation or agency or carrier of his/her formal renunciation of the travel;
- make a declaration within 3 days of the onset of the cause of the renunciation and in any case by the travel start date if the terms of 3 days fall after the travel start date. The claim may be filed by accessing the portal https://sinistrionline.europassistance.it and following the instructions (or accessing the website directly at www.europassistance.it – Claims section) or by writing to Europ Assistance – Ufficio Liquidazione Sinistri (Annullamento Viaggio) [Claims Liquidation Office (Travel Cancellation)] – Piazza Trento, 8 20135 Milan, Italy, providing the following information:
- first name, last name, address, telephone number, tax code;
- policy number;
- the reason for the cancellation or change;
- place at which the Insured Party or persons causing the cancellation (family member, joint-owner of the associated firm/business) can be contacted;
If the renunciation and/or change is caused by illness and/or injury, the declaration must specify:
- pathology start and end.
Within 15 days of the above declaration, the Insured Party must also provide Europ Assistance with the following documents:
- original documentation able to provide objective proof of the cause of renunciation/change;
- documentation showing the connection between the Insured Party and any party causing the renunciation;
- in the event of illness or injury, medical certificate stating the date of the injury or onset of the illness, the specific diagnosis and days’ prognosis;
- in the event of hospitalisation, a complete copy of the clinical record;
- travel registration card or similar document;
- receipts (deposit, balance, penalty) of payment of the travel or rental;
- statement of booking confirmation;
- invoice in relation to the penalty charged;
- travel regulation and programme;
- travel documents (visas, etc.);
- travel booking contract.
If a penalty is charged by the airline carrier/shipping company:
- confirmation of purchase of ticket or similar document;
- receipt of ticket payment;
- declaration of the airline carrier/shipping company certifying the penalty charged or refund notice;
- copy of the cancelled air or ship tickets documenting the amounts charged to the customer;
In the event of modification and / or forced renunciation of the trip to Covid-19, the Insured must notify the travel organization or agency or the carrier of the formal renunciation of the Trip and must make a complaint no later than 3 days from when the cause of the renunciation occurred and in any case within the travel start date if the 3 day deadline falls after the travel start date.
you must send:
- Covid-19 positivity test report (swab and / or serological test);
- certificate from the hospital where you were hospitalized for Covid-19.
without prejudice to the Company’s right to request that all of the above listed documentation be sent by mail.
Europ Assistance may request further documentation at a later date, in order to settle the claim; in this case, the Insured Party must supply it.
Breach of the obligations relating to the declaration of the claim may result in the loss of a right to indemnity, in accordance with art. 1915 of the Italian Civil Code.
The penalty charged against the Insured Party will be reimbursed, including file management fees, agency fees, fuel adjustments and visas (excluding, in the event of the purchase of only a flight ticket, airport taxes that can be reimbursed by the airline) up to the maximum cover stated in the Policy Form.
This maximum amount may not exceed Euro 10,000.00 per Insured Party and Euro 50,000.00 per travel file.
Excess and liquidation criteria:
Europ Assistance reimburses the cancellation penalty:
1. In the event of a change and/or forced renunciation of travel caused by hospitalisation (excluding day hospital and accident & emergency) or death; the penalty will be reimbursed without applying any excess.
2. In the event of renunciation and/or change not caused by hospitalisation or death, the penalty will be reimbursed with the application of an excess equal to 20% of the total cost of the penalty, with a minimum of Euro 70.00 per policy.
3. In the event of a change and/or renunciation of the air ticket only, not caused by hospitalisation ( excluding day hospital and accident & emergency) or death, the penalty will be reimbursed with application of an excess of 20% with a minimum of Euro 20.00 per policy.
It is agreed that the calculation of the reimbursement will be equivalent to the percentages of penalties existing as at the date on which the event took place (Art. 1914 of the Italian Civil Code). Therefore, if the
Insured Party should cancel travel after the event, any greater penalty will be at his/her expense.
In the event of illness or injury, Europ Assistance reserves the right to send its own doctor to certify that the conditions of the Insured Party are such as to prevent his/her travel.
The Insured Party releases any doctors, who may be appointed to examine the claim and who examined him before or after the claim, from constraints to professional secrecy with regards to Europ Assistance.
The guarantee “Cancellation of travel and rental” runs from midnight on the day on which the stay/rental is booked and shall remain in force until the envisaged arrival at the structure booked.
The Covid-19 Cancellation Guarantee starts from the travel booking date and lasts until the start of the journey. The beginning of the journey means: the moment of check-in at the airport or in case of early check-in the passage of the checks for boarding, or for rentals on the day of the start of the stay.